Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...to me...and a few others!! :)

I can't believe I'm a mom. I know... after 14 months, you would think it would sink in already. Brooklyn is growing up so fast, and there are still days when I look at her and wonder where she came from, and wonder when her real parents are going to come and pick her up. :) I am so blessed to be the mother of such a sweet little girl. Today was very nice. Darren and Brooklyn got me some beautiful flowers and a very funny card - I just loved the picture. We went to church and then to Bordine's to look at flowers, and then out to lunch. It was a very nice and relaxing day. I even got to take a nap!!! I can't remember the last time I did that!
Darren loves to flower shop - can't you tell?

The longer I'm a mom, the more I realize that deciding what qualifies you to be a good mom is drawn from many different experiences and environments. Some qualities you are born with, and others you learn from the examples around you. Fortunately, throughout my life I have had the opportunity to live along side wonderful women that have shown me what a good mother looks like. I love and respect all of these women so much, and am impressed daily with the "fruits of their labor". I hope Brooklyn grows up to be just as lovely as my sister and my cousins. I want to wish a happy Mother's Day to my mom - the strongest woman I have ever known - my Mamaw, and my aunt Michele, and aunt Suzette. You are amazing women and I hope that someday I am able to be half the mom you all are!

I also want to wish a happy Mother's Day to the other "moms" of our family - Nana, Nani, Kathy, and Mrs. Mary. Thank you for being such a special part of our lives, and for taking me in as one of your own!

No comments: